We are committed to the historic and evangelical Christian faith as revealed in the Bible and believed by the Church throughout the ages. Our doctrinal standards are rooted in the Scriptures and in the tradition of the Protestant Reformation, which re-established the role of God’s Word and its supremacy in determining our beliefs in the Christian faith. The doctrines of our church and denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), are summarized in the historic Christian creeds.
What We Believe
We believe that the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by his mercy.
We believe that salvation is by God alone, as He sovereignly choose those He will save. We believe His choice is based on his grace, not by any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to his Covenant promises.
We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
The mission of the Presbyterian Church in America is to glorify God by equipping and enabling the churches of the PCA to work together to fulfill the Great Commission by making disciples of all nations, so that people will mature as servants of the triune God, will worship God in spirit and truth, and will have a reforming impact on culture.
We desire to take the message of Jesus Christ’s atoning love on the cross to every nation so that all people will trust in Him alone for their salvation from sin.
We want to show compassion and render mercy, to love and to serve people from every ethnic group, nation and socio-economic level.
(as of 2003)
- Bible-believing Presbyterians began the PCA in 1973, with 260 congregations and 41,000 members.
- We now have over 1,500 churches and more than 310,000 members in the United States and Canada with 66 Presbyteries.
- The PCA is one of the fastest growing Presbyterian denominations in North America, and is among the fastest growing of all Christian denominations.
- The PCA has over 570 long-term missionaries, 430 short-term workers and 6,500 two-week workers serving worldwide.
- The PCA has over 150 chaplains in all branches of the armed services.
- The PCA has placed campus ministers on more than 80 college and university campuses all across America.
- The PCA maintains a 902-acre camp and conference center in the mountains of North Carolina.
- The PCA provides college and seminary educations through its college and theological seminary.
For interesting facts about our organ click here.