Sundays at 9 am, September – May
Classes for all ages
Preschool to Kindergarten:
- Class will meet in Room 2.
- The theme for this year is “God Keeps His Promises.”
- The study will promote a better understanding of God, as the children study His faithfulness to
- His people in the Old Testament.
Grades 1 & 2:
- The class will meet in Room 4.
- The theme for this year is “Growing in God.”
- The study will try to help our children to learn, along with the Israelites, what it means to trust and obey God.
- The class will meet in Room 3.
- The theme for this year is “Telling Others.”
- The study will look at stories from the Book of Acts in order to help and encourage our children to know how to share their faith.
- Class will meet on the lower floor of the youth building.
- The theme of this class is “Bible Doctrine 1.”
- The study will examine Questions 1-38 from the Westminster Shorter Catechism and will focus on what we should believe about God.
High School & Adults
- The teacher is Pastor Klett, and the class will meet in the Fellowship Hall in the church building.
- The theme of the study is “Sharing Our Faith.” (Class schedule here).
- This is what Pastor Klett wrote about this class: “We know the Gospel Truth that sets people free, and yet, we often struggle with just how to share it with others. We want to, but we often feel ill equipped, timid, afraid, or even unconcerned for the lost at times. Sometimes we just don’t know how to get the conversation started. In this class, we will explore personal evangelism, working together to strengthen our witness for Christ to those who are in need of salvation.
- This class is for our adults and Sr. High class and will run until January.”
Special Needs Adults
- The study this year is Faith(Bethesda Series), written by Jill Miller, the 4th study in a 7-part series designed to provide Bible study material for adults and young adults affected by disability. Parts 1 – 3 were covered in the last three years.
- In addition, the class will continue memorizing the Westminster Shorter Catechism and reading through The Ology by Marty Machowski.
“Growth in Grace” Family Night Activities
Dinner at 5:30pm ~ Classes at 6:15pm
- The class will meet in Room 4.
- The theme is the Holy Spirit and Prayer.
Middle School Youth Group
- The group will meet in the Youth Building.
- The goal is to help middle school kids understand and shape their relationship with God.
- A lot of wonderful activities, discussion times, retreats, Bible studies, and service projects are planned, including two joint activities with the high school youth group – the first one being the September 15th/16th retreat.
Women’s Bible Study
- The weekly study will meet in the church library beginning September 20th from 6:15 – 7:45 p.m.
- The study book, Sermon on the Mount by Jen Wilkin, will search out what it means to be a citizen of the kingdom of Heaven according to Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount.
- The ladies’ Bible study will be weekly and will be broken into four quarters. Note that this is a change from previous years. This change allows for greater continuity, gives women more study opportunities of a shorter length (fall, winter, spring, summer), thus enabling them to commit to or step out as their personal schedules allow, lessens disruption if a study should need to be cancelled one week because of inclement weather or some scheduling conflict, and helps maintain interest and ongoing participation in the study.
- Here is the upcoming schedule for this year’s women’s Bible studies:
- Fall: September 20 – November 29, 2017
No Bible study on October 11 – Missions Conference Soup Supper & November 22 – Eve of Thanksgiving
Men’s Bible Study
- The study will be in Room 3.
- The study is on the psalms, and is a continuation of our study from this summer.
- We’ll be using our Bibles and a study guide on the psalms.
- The study is challenging but very worthwhile.
Sunday School and Growth in Grace (GIG) Schedule
|CPC Sunday School 2017-18||2017-2018|
- A Women’s Bible Study will meet Wednesday mornings from 9:30 to 11:00 on the same schedule as the Wednesday evening Bible study. (See Growth in Grace schedule)
- The weekly study will meet in the church library beginning September 20th from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- The study book, Sermon on the Mount by Jen Wilkin, will search out what it means to be a citizen of the kingdom of Heaven according to Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. The same material will be covered in the evening study.
- Babysitting for the morning Bible study will be arranged when requested.
(updated 09/04/17) More info…
Senior High Youth Group
- We meet every second Sunday in the Youth Building.
- Our time together begins with a meal and also includes a game or skit, singing, a very interactive Bible study consisting of questions and discussion, and prayer.
- The theme for our Bible studies and discussions will be “Unchanging Truths in Changing Times.”
- We are planning two retreats, one in the fall and one in the spring.
- We are also planning to join Harvest OPC again for our annual short-term missions trip to Chattanooga to work with Hope for the Inner City.
Small Group Bible Studies
Young Men’s Study and Fellowship
- The leader of this group is our intern Ross Vannette.
- The study will generally meet once a month at the Vannette’s home.
- The time together begins with a meal, generally provided by the Vannettes.
- The group is called “Men of Character.”
- After the meal there is a Bible lesson on Christian character traits and a time for discussion.
Young Couples’ Study and Fellowship
- The facilitators for this group are Ross Vannette and his wife.
- The study meets once a month (usually on the first Friday of the month) from 7 – 10 PM in the homes of the members of the group.
- The evening begins with a meal.
- After the meal, a video segment from the video series by Gary Thomas entitled “Sacred Marriage” is shown, followed by discussion based on a corresponding workbook.
- The evening ends with dessert and fellowship.
Golden Friends – Covenant Seniors
Meeting Monthly, excluding January and February
Impact Mission Trip
A one week mission trip during the summer for high school students