Pastor Ken Klett / February 12, 2017 - 6:00 pm / 28 min / Viewed 345 times
All who received Him …
I. Knowing the Truth
A. About God
B. About Jesus
C. About Self
II. Experiencing Freedom
… were born of God.
Heidelberg Catechism Lords’ Day 7
Q. 20 Are all men, then, saved by Christ just as they perished through Adam?
A. No. Only those are saved who by a true faith are grafted into Christ and accept all His benefits.
Q. 21 What is true faith?
A. True faith is a sure knowledge whereby I accept as true all that God has revealed to us in His Word. At the same time, it is a firm confidence that not only to others, but also to me, God has granted forgiveness of sins, everlasting righteousness, and salvation, out of mere grace, only for the sake of Christ’s merits. This faith the Holy Spirit works in my heart by the gospel.
Q. 22 What, then, must a Christian believe?
A. All that is promised us in the Gospel, which the articles of our catholic and undoubted Christian faith teach us in a summary.
Q. 23 What are these articles?
1. I believe in God the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
2. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, our Lord;
3. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary;
4. suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell;
5. On the third day He arose from the dead;
6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
7. from there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Spirit;
9. I believe a holy catholic Christian church, the communion of saints;
10. the forgiveness of sins;
11. the resurrection of the body;
12. and the life everlasting.
« Save a Soul Be Strong and Work »