We are here to honor our Lord and serve God’s people and the community around us. We believe we do this best by faithfully holding to the Word of God and practicing what it teaches us — applying it in church and in every area of life. We strongly encourage a lively faith among our people and seek to strengthen them toward effective service in the Kingdom of God.
While we are not interested in being shaped by trends that surround us, we are devoted to setting forth the precepts of Scripture in ways that answer the needs of today’s culture.
We are well aware of the fact that you have many options in this community when it comes to joining a fellowship of believers.
So please consider…
- If you are in a good Bible-preaching Reformed church, we encourage you to support your church.
- If you are looking for a good solid fellowship committed to God’s truth, perhaps you have found it here.
- If you are tired of the popular tendency to cater to a fallen mindset and rampant drifts into unbiblical positions in many churches, you may be satisfied here.
- If you want to know what it means to be reconciled to God, walk with Jesus, and keep in step with the Holy Spirit, you will learn that here.
- If you are looking for people that can humbly say “We love the Lord”, you have found us. You may want to stick with us!
Our ministries are formed around three key areas
Prayer – Approaching God
Prayer is a privilege and responsibility of Christians as adopted children of our heavenly Father. Through prayer we communicate adoration, confess sin, offer thanksgiving, intercede on behalf of others and bring petitions for a variety of issues. We pray that God’s will be done in out lives, His church and the world.
Lord’s Day Celebrations – Rejoicing in His presence
Corporate worship is a sacred expression of devotion to God. The parts of worship are prayer, praise, reading and preaching the Word, the sacraments and offerings. Worship is to be reverent and in accord with the principles set forth in the Bible, for we worship a Holy God.
Fellowship – Building the Body
True Christian fellowship is the bonding of God’s people together in the presence of Christ by the ministry of the Holy Spirit. We stress the union of God’s people in obedience to Christ’s command to love one another.
Teaching – Training for Service
Our church provides nurture and instruction in God’s revelation of Himself and His covenant dealings with his people. As these are expressed in His Word, the Bible, we are committed to teaching it clearly and faithfully to all age groups and in a variety of settings.
Evangelism – Advancing the Kingdom
Our church faithfully proclaims the Gospel from the pulpit each Sunday and engages in active evangelism in our community. We also work together with the PCA in support of Mission to North America and Mission to the World. (See Missions page)
Faith Expressed in Works
Mercy is the observable, tangible, sacrificial deeds of kindness done by believers for each other and for those around them — out of love for Christ. We seek to serve the body of Christ and the community in a responsible manner.