We are committed to the historic and evangelical Christian faith as revealed in the Bible and believed by the Church throughout the ages. Our doctrinal standards are rooted in the Scriptures and in the tradition of the Protestant Reformation, which re-established the role of God’s Word and its supremacy in determining our beliefs in the Christian faith. The doctrines of our church and denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), are summarized in the historic Christian creeds.
wHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe that the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts.
- The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity.
- There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by his mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone, as He sovereignly choose those He will save.
- We believe His choice is based on his grace, not by any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to his Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.